Manitou Finance Limited (“Manitou Finance”) is committed to delivering the best possible service to you while maintaining the confidence that you place in us. As part of this, we have adopted strong principles across the Group to ensure the protection of your data.
As such, we would like to provide you with transparent information about how we place, use and store cookies on your device when you use our website (the “Website” and/or “Application”). This Cookies Policy will also explain what cookies are and help to provide you with options on how to manage or delete them.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text, image or software files that are placed on your device when you access our Website and/or use our Application. The word “device”, when used in this Cookies Policy, refers notably to computers, smartphones, tablets and all other devices used for accessing the internet.
Cookies may be either: (i) session specific, meaning that they are deleted from your device once the session and browser are closed; or (ii) persistent meaning that they will remain on your device until they are removed.
Cookies perform a number of useful functions, such as to:
- Authenticate and identify you on our Website and/or Application in order to provide you with services that you have requested;
- Enhance the security of the Website and/or Application, including to prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from access by unauthorised parties;
- Send you personalised advertising notably based on your browsing history and your preferences on line;
- Monitor your use of our Website and/or Application in order to improve them;
- Enhance your user experience by adapting and tailoring the content on the Website and/or Application to your interest and providing more relevant BNP Paribas ads and content to you on non-BNP Paribas websites and non-BNP Paribas applications;
- Remember information that you provided to us (e.g. to automatically populate forms with information that you have previously provided to us so that you can log on more quickly); and
- Keep track of your preferences and settings in your use of our Website and/or Application (e.g. time zone etc.).
2. What kind of information can be stored in a cookie?
The information stored by the cookies on your device may relate to the following, subject to its retention period:
- the webpages you have visited on that device;
- the advertisements you have clicked on;
- the type of browser you use;
- your IP address; and,
- any other information that you have provided on our Website and/or Application.
3. What kinds of cookies do we use and for what purpose?
Cookies used on our Websites and/or Applications are classified into different categories.
You will find in section 4 of this Cookies Policy more information about the partners as well as explanations on how you can set up your preferences.
4. In this context, who places the cookies on your device (for example the companies of Manitou Finance or a third party provider)?
When you select which types of cookies you allow on your device, the cookies may be deposited directly by us or by one of our partners.
From a practical point of view, this means that when you authorize the installation of certain so-called “third-party” cookies on your device, our partners will also be able to access the information they contain (such as, for example, your browsing statistics when you allow third-party analysis cookies) within the respect of our Data Protection Notice and those of our partners.
If you would like to find out more about third party cookies, please click on the links below:
5. How can you manage cookies?
To see the different categories of cookies that we use on the Site and/or Application and configure your choices, you can consult the cookie management module accessible by clicking on the button below. You can modify your preferences, withdraw or give your consent again at any time.
Please note that the use of strictly necessary cookies for the proper functioning of the Website and/or Application does not require your consent. This is why the option “strictly necessary cookies” is pre-checked in our cookie management tool and is not optional.
By refusing certain types of cookies (preference cookies for example), we will not be able to optimize your user experience on our Website and some parts may not function properly.
By default, we save your cookie choices on a device for a maximum of 6 months. If you change your mind about the preferences you have expressed regarding cookies, you can update your choices at any time, by following this link. We will ask you to make a choice again every 6 months.